Sunday, November 18, 2007

This Makes No Sense...

I read Thomas Friedman's "The Lexus and the Olive Tree" a few years ago. Some of my friends thought it was watered-down fare on the topic of globalization, but I thought it was great. Then again, I'm one of those retards who likes anecdotal examples (no, I did not do well in school).

It's too bad that Thomas Friedman has gone completely fucking insane.

In his newest article in the New York Times Friedman makes the assertion that Dick Cheney should be Barack Obama's vice president - and he's serious.

First of all, Cheney needs to be shot out of a cannon, not allowed to further hold public office. Second of all... I'm sorry I lost track of my thoughts by thinking of what hell this country would be if Cheney were allowed to stay VP.... it would probably be like this.

"When negotiating with murderous regimes like Iran’s or Syria’s, you want Tony Soprano by your side, not Big Bird. " Friedman says this in his article and, I hope, he meant it to be taken with a grain of salt. There are a lot of similarities between Dick Cheney and Tony Soprano.

  1. Tony Soprano and Dick Cheney are both crooks.
  2. Tony Soprano's daughter is a hot babe; Dick Cheney's daughter digs hot babes.
  3. Tony Soprano kills his friend over a horse; Dick Cheney shot an old man in the face... for no reason.
  4. Tony Soprano is balding; Dick Cheney is balding.
  5. Tony Soprano is a sociopath; Dick Cheney is, you know, a sociopath.
So you can see why we'd want someone like Tony Soprano as the Vice President of the world's most powerful nation.

Thomas Friedman also talks a lot about Iran in his article. So I think it's fitting that I talk about Iran, too. I think I'll do it in list form, since people like to read lists.
  1. Sharia law can suck my dick.
  2. Ahmadinejad needs to shut the hell up.
  3. Don't make nukes, they're like viagara for nations - you can't have just one and then stop.
You know what? That's all I've got to say about that.

No comments: